Installing Tincr on Windows 7
- Visit the tin.cr website.
- Click on the Download Tincr button (Do this through chrome and it will take you to the chrome extension install page).
- Once you have added the extension restart the browser and you should see a Tincr tab in the Developer Tools window<
- We now need to create a tincr.json file. Open up your favorite editor and post the following code into it (remember to change MyApp to your app name):
“toFile” : ,
- Now you need to setup Tincr. You can mimic the options I set here. For Root Directory, you should point to the location of the ASP.NET MVC app directory that is hosted in IIS. In my case, it was c:\dev\tfs\MyApp. You should see the green ‘Project loaded successfully’ before you begin to use this.
Issues with Tincr
If you don’t see the Auto-Reloaded message, it means that your tincr.json file is incorrect OR the extension is not able to figure out your file. This is something that I struggled with for a little bit.